Trigger deployment result in original deployment log to be lost

Hi,

I’ve started to use Octopus Trigger to auto deploy to newly created machine.
This works but with the result of previous deployment information being lost.
e.g.
Release 1.1 deployed to server1.
New server2 added result in auto deployment of Release 1.1 to server2.
Release 1.1 Deployment does not contain any information about the release to server1.

is this a bug?
btw, I’m on version 2018.4.6

Regards

Hi,
Thanks for reaching out, you should be able see the history of all deployments for a certain release on the “Releases” page. If you go to your project -> Releases (left side) -> select your release, you should then see a “Deployment history” section at the bottom of that page that shows the history of all deployments for that release.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Tom W

This does not provide me information on what servers was deployed to and information on what happen on target server. It looks like the Trigger process re-use the Release Deployment without changing the time/date it Occurred (e.g. the original Release deployment occur 10 days ago is still showing in the overview) and overwrite the Task Log.
The issue with this is that it looks like the audit trail no longer reflect what has happened and we lost the ability to investigate what has been installed on what machine.

Hi,
Apologies for that, the complete deployment log should be displayed on the deployments page. Each time a deployment is performed as part of the auto deploy, it should be shown as a separate task on the deployment page, here is a screenshot that shows the same release and deployment being deployed to TAApp01 multiple times dues to Triggers on the machines

If you are not seeing the same behavior on your end, would you be able to send through a screenshot of what you are seeing?

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Tom W

I have an auto redeployment on the 19/06/2018.
In Task log view The task that did the redeployment still shows start/complete time of 29/05/2018.

The Task only shows the information about the two servers that was redeployed to. There’s no information about the original deployment on the 29/05/2018.
ServerTasks-73185.log.txt (483.0 KB)

Hi,
I can see what you are referring to, I looks like there is a bug with the logs, the Task Started/Completed time stamp is always showing the time/date of the first run, and the Task Queued time stamp is always showing the time/date of the last run of the task. looking through the logs it looks like the logs are there for the deployment that occurred on the 29/05/2018, they are they ones with the time stamp of 16:06 - 16:06. however because the timestamps at the start of the Task logs don’t match its not obvious where the logs for that deployment start and finish.

I can raise a bug for this issue, I just want to confirm with you that the logs for all the deployments are in fact in that log file you sent through and that the bug is just for the date/time stamps at the top of each task e.g.

Task ID:        ServerTasks-73185
Task status:    Success
Task queued:    13 June 2018 10:15:26
Task started:   29 May 2018 16:04:43
Task completed: 29 May 2018 16:06:44

Kinds Regards,
Tom W

Agreed the Log does contain the information and the date isn’t quite right. The other issue is you cannot see the activity via the UI.

Hi,
Thanks for confirming that, I have raised an issue here which you can keep an eye on.
Hopefully we will get a fix for it in the near future.

Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kinds Regards,
Tom W

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.