Transforms

I was wondering if someone could assist in my transformations please. Essentially one of our systems has the following setup in the project file:

So we use a base config and transform that using the QA config and outputs into the web.config. How can this be achieved in OD?

I have read Three way config transformation but that doesn’t seem to do what I require and there was no update from the original poster as to whether it fixed their issue.

Anyone able to help?

Regards
Ian

Hi Ian,
Thanks for reaching out about how Octopus handles transforms.
I’ll start by giving you the link to our Transforms documentation, which addresses many scenarios you may encounter.

Enabling the Configuration Transforms feature under your deployment step (https://octopus.com/docs/deployment-process/configuration-features) allows you to define transforms as needed for your deployment process.

In your case, if you’ve pushed a package that contains a web.qa.config transform, the project can be configured to us that transforms when deploying to your QA environment.

Take a look at our documentation and let me know if you have a specific scenario that’s not addressed here or if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Tina

Hi @tina.bamford. It’s OK now thanks, I have sorted my issues. Thanks anyway.

Hi Ian,
Great to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.
Don’t hesitate to reach out again if you have further questions.

Kind Regards,
Tina