Transform using pattern - DirectoryNotFoundException - prod only

Hello,
I have a strange error with Exception “DirectoryNotFoundException”.
I’m using a “Deploy a package” step, on which I enabled the “Configuration transforms” option, and check the “Run default XML transforms”.

When I deploy to our ‘production’ environment, this results as an error.
The file in error is not intended to be transformed (despite this is a *.config file, it has no *.production.config or *.release.config associated).

Can anyone explain this behavior?
-----LOG BEGIN----
Could not transform the file ‘C:\Octopus\Applications\production\Website2011_Data\20200827.145540.0_1\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration_12.2.7221_migration\LibrariesConfig.contentViewControls.BackendUserFileLibraryDocuments.views.BackendUserFileDocumentsBackendBulkEditView.config’ using the pattern ‘production’.

September 3rd 2020 09:20:27

Error

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Octopus\Applications\production\Website2011_Data\20200827.145540.0_1\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration_12.2.7221_migration’.
----LOG END----

If I used guided failure mode, the folder/file listed in the error exist.
When deploying to another environment (ex. ‘staging’), I have no error during transformation.
Your help would be appreciate to understand what I miss here / to unblock us.

Hi @gbe,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I think the transform warning may be a red herring here.
The error about the path not found may be linked to an existing issue, can you confirm what version of Octopus Server you are using?

Regards,
Paul

Hi @paul.calvert
we are using https://octopus.com/downloads/2020.1.15
Regards,
Gilles

When the error occurred and you checked the folder in the error, were all the files from the package present?
I’m wondering if you’re running into a character limit issue that is only triggering when deploying on production environment due to the additional characters in the environment name or perhaps due to a difference in target machine OS versions or configuration.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.