Throwing Intermmittent error when trying to push package using Octo.exe

I am getting an error while trying to deploy a nuget package using Octo.exe

The error log has been given below. The server and tentacle is installed in the same machine, I have verified the thumbprint also. I also tried reinstalling the tentacle in Polling mode, still getting error. But once in a while it runs successfully.

Handshaking with Octopus server: http://server
17-May-2016 19:51:11 Handshake successful. Octopus version: 3.3.12; API version: 3.0.0
17-May-2016 19:51:11 Authenticated as: ajaybhasy <>
17-May-2016 19:51:11 Pushing package: C:\build\WOR-WA-JOB1\client\dist\WorldSmartAngular.1.0.337.nupkg…
17-May-2016 19:53:39 System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.MultipleSend(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers, SocketFlags socketFlags)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 — End of inner exception stack trace —
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at System.Net.PooledStream.MultipleWrite(BufferOffsetSize[] buffers)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at System.Net.ConnectStream.InternalWrite(Boolean async, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at System.Net.ConnectStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at System.IO.Stream.CopyTo(Stream destination)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at Octopus.Client.OctopusClient.DispatchRequest[TResponseResource](OctopusRequest request, Boolean readResponse)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at Octopus.Client.OctopusClient.Post[TResource,TResponse](String path, TResource resource, Object pathParameters)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at Octopus.Client.OctopusRepository.BuiltInPackageRepositoryRepository.PushPackage(String fileName, Stream contents, Boolean replaceExisting)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at Octopus.Cli.Commands.PushCommand.Execute()
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at Octopus.Cli.Commands.ApiCommand.Execute(String[] commandLineArguments)
17-May-2016 19:53:39 at Octopus.Cli.Program.Main(String[] args)

I am also facing the same issue when I use Octopack NUget in my project. For this also I am pushing nuget to the same server. The issue has become more frequent and is effecting our deployment cycle. But once in a while the Push command succeeds.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry for the late reply here. Are you able to send through some information to help us get to the bottom of this?
The following should give me a good idea of whats going on:

Full build logs both where Octopack is failing and one where it succeeds.
Where are you running the push commands from in relation to the Octopus server?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for being late to reply, as I said the issue was intermittent. It had been working fine for the last few days except 1 or 2 times a day. But today it started again.
I am attaching the log file as requested.

Thanks
Ajay

OctopusServer_Logs.txt (4 KB)

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for getting back, Unfortunately the server logs are not giving us enough information to get to the bottom of this one.
Would you be able to tell me how big the package is?
Would you also be able to provide the push command (not just the logs from the command being run)

Hopefully with these bits of information we can get to the bottom of this one.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the prompt response. The file size of the nuget that I am pushing is about 2.4MB. I have also attached the logs from Octopus.

OctopusLogs.txt (2 KB)

Hi Daniel,
The size of the packages that I am trying to push is about 9 and 10 MB.
Is that the reason?

Expecting a quick reply as this issue is effecting our deployment.

Thanks and Regards
Ajay Bhasy

Hi Ajay,

Would you be able to try to push the packages with a couple of other methods and advise of the results?
From what I can see, you are using NuGet push to push these packages, we would like to get you to try using Octo.exe and then the Octopus API (HTTP POST) methods. They both use different library sets to the NuGet push option and I believe this may hold the key to resolving this issue.
OctoPack also uses nuget.exe under the hood so if it is an issue with NuGet push it would explain why there was no difference when you tried it.

Below is the link to the documentation for using these methods.

If you have any questions about using these please let me know. Looking forward to hearing the results.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
I have two projects, one in .Net for which I am using the Nuget, Octopack and another using Angular for which I am using Octo.exe. The log file “OctopusServer_Logs.txt” that I have attached as a part of previous comment has its logs. The issue is there when I try with both methods and its intermittent too.

Thanks and Regards
Ajay Bhasy

Hi Ajay,

We are a bit stumped here but determined to get a resolution. Is it possible for you to try restarting the Octopus service on your server?
And where is the server you are pushing the package from in relation to the Octopus server (or are they the same)

Regards,
Daniel

HI Daniel,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried restarting the Octopus Server, Octopus Server Service using Octopus Server Manager, but all these to no avail when the error start occurring. The packet is being pushed from an AMAZON instance and the Octopus server is in our internal server which is available through external IP.

Thanks and Regards
Ajay Bhasy

Hi Ajay,

We would like to rule out that this is not a possible networking issue. It is a bit odd that all of the different push methods have the same result and the restarting the service also had no effect. If the push works fine being done directly on the Octopus server then it would indicate an issue of some sorts with the connection between the two servers.

Would you be able to do the push locally on the Octopus server?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Daniel