The web.Release.config is NOT applied during the build, how to correct that?

We have Octopus 2018.8.8 version installed. We want to apply Configuration Transforms during deployment and it is checked. However, the web.config file is not updated according to the rules defined in web.Release.config file. Any ideas why the transformation is not applied? (We first tried without the “Additional transforms” line, and it didn’t transform.)

Thanks.

Here is a screen shot:

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected behavior. I’m unable to reproduce this, however, and my web.release.config file correctly transforms my web.config with these settings. Would you be willing to provide a copy of your verbose deployment logs with debugging variables enabled? This will provide more insight as to what’s causing this. The following doc page outlines how to produce and export this log.

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for the response. After we turned on the extra logging for Variable and Transformation Logging, we were able to identify the problem. The cause was in the build step which omitted the Release file thus no transformation was made.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

You’re very welcome! That’s great to hear you’ve been able to spot what was going on here. Thanks for letting me know. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.