The step to deploy to AWS ECS is formatting wrong the task definition

Greetings.

We had an image with some problems to executing without errors in ECS, so to test it we changed in the Container Definition the Entrypoint and the Command option in Environment, but when we figured out that the problem was the image, we deleted this Entrypoint and Command values, but that formatted our Task Definition like this:

Because of that, the Entrypoint is searching for the executable in the array with one value ( the empty string “” ), and this cause the following error:

container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: exec: “”: executable file not found in
$PATH

In order to fix this, we have had to delete this Container Definition and create a new one. It would be good if the Octopus Step itself could make the difference

Hi Andres,

Thanks for reaching out and providing all the details of the issue you’re facing!

I’ll dig into this to confirm what’s going on, but I agree our step shouldn’t behave the way you’ve described.

I’ll keep you posted with any updates or if an issue is created.

Best Regards,

Hi Andres,

Just an update, I’ve raised a Github issue for this issue which you can follow for updates as it gets investigated.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we really appreciate the input to make Octopus even better!

Best Regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.