The step failed: Activity Purge WWWRoot Directory - SubsMicroservice on Azure East US failed with error 'The remote script failed with exit code 1'

The step failed: Activity Purge WWWRoot Directory - SubsMicroservice on Azure East US failed with error ‘The remote script failed with exit code 1’.

Hi @tiwari_su,

Welcome to the community and I’m sorry to see you’re running into an error.

I just have a few clarifying questions if you don’t mind:

• Which version of Octopus Deploy are you running?
  • Could you upload a copy of the Task log for this particular failing step?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Regards,
Garrett

Garrett
Which version of Octopus Deploy are you running?2020.4.6

Could you upload a copy of the Task log for this particular failing step? attached logs

Thanks
Sukhen ServerTasks-224429.log.txt (71.1 KB)

Garrett
Which version of Octopus Deploy are you running?2020.4.6

Could you upload a copy of the Task log for this particular failing step? attached logs

Thanks
Sukhen ServerTasks-224429.log.txt (71.1 KB)

ServerTasks-224429.log.txt (71.1 KB)

Hi @tiwari_su,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

From the logs, it looks like Octopus is having trouble authenticating with your configured Service Principle in this step. If you are using Accounts in Octopus, could you check Infrastructure -> Accounts and verify the account can still be connected to?

If you’re using Azure Account variables we have a pretty handy guide here: Azure account variables - Octopus Deploy

I personally use this YouTube video guide to verify everything is configured correctly.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,
Garrett

Garrett

Could you please share date and time so that I can set up meeting with you to fix this issue ??

Thanks

Sukhen Tiwari

Hi Sukhen,

Thanks for following up! I’ll jump in here for Garrett as he’s currently offline as part of our US-based team. :slight_smile:

We can certainly look into having a call with you to sort this out, however we’d first like to rule out configuration or connectivity issues, as those are commonly the cause of issues similar to this. Have you had a chance to test the connectivity of this service principal account in the UI as described above by Garrett? The result of that test, and double-checking your Azure account variable configuration might help point you in the right direction.

Best regards,

Kenny

Kenny

What time I can set up meeting ?

Hi @tiwari_su,

Good to hear back from you.

In order for me to have everything I need for a potential call, could you verify what displays when testing your Azure Non-Prod account at Infrastructure -> Accounts -> Non-Prod -> Save and Test:
Does it look like this:
Or like this:

Looking forward to hearing back.

Regards,

Garrett

Could you please share your availability so that I can set up meeting with you ?

Thanks

Sukhen Tiwari

Hi @tiwari_su,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The team has been reviewing the logs and we notice the service principal was working in previous steps. It’s when the “Run and Azure Script” is running on the worker PHL-DU-DODEP2 that the process fails.

Is it possible that this worker doesn’t have the proper tooling, AzureRM modules or Azure CLI, installed? This would lead to it failing to log in.

Have you tried using those modules on the machine and outside of Octopus to authenticate with your service principle to verify it’s all working?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.