The resource 'Users-System' was not found

Hi,
I have use the “Deploy a Release” Step Template, as a process in my ‘X’ project for promoting releases of other projects after some test processes. But this is not working for me :worried: . Every time during execution of this step. Server throws an error "Octopus Server failed with error 'The resource ‘users-system’ was not found.’" . I didn’t get a proper explanation or solution for this issue. Please help me to sort this out.

Hi Yadukrishnan,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m terribly sorry to hear you’re hitting this bug. Which version of Octopus are you running? Is this project that’s using the Deploy a Release step deploying via a trigger? If so, I suspect you’re hitting a previously known bug with a fix that was shipped in 2018.6.13 and you can reference the report here.

If you’re running a version prior to when we shipped that fix, would you be able to upgrade and let me know if that resolves the issue for you?

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi . My octopus Version is : v2018.4.12

Hi Yadukrishnan,

Thanks for following up and confirming your version. If this project is deploying via a trigger, then it looks like you’d be hitting this bug. Upgrading to 2018.6.13 or later should fix this issue.

Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth
I am not completely confident to upgrade the current version to latest. There are many projects and automation processes is configured in current version. I don’t know how upgrade will work for me… ! Will it work without affecting my projects and processes let me know, Otherwise I’m going to try with run a script option for release promotion.

Hi Yadukrishnan,

Thanks for following up! The big feature that’s been introduced in 2019.x is Spaces, though we’ve worked to make this backwards compatible. I’d say it’s safe to upgrade to latest, but I would also recommend taking a backup of your database and file system (C:\Octopus\* and this is because the introduction of spaces moved some files around) in case of any need to restore. You can refer to all of the release notes and breaking changes between 2018.4.12 and 2019.4.4 at the following link as well.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.