The resource ‘ServerTasks-’ was not found

On WIndows server one of the deployments got stuck which I deleted while it was still running via Swagger API. However, since then nothing get deployed on the machine. It stucks at ‘Acquire Packages’

And when I run ‘health check’ on the machine. It stuck at ‘check deployment target step’ saying:
‘Waiting for the script in task ServerTasks-xxx to finish as that script requires that no other Ocotpus scripts are executing on this tagert at the same time’.

However, when I check the 'ServerTasks-xxx’, I get this error message:
The resource ‘ServerTasks-xxx’ was not found

Any help?

Hi @tejpal.chohan,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected issue. It seems likely you’re getting bitten by a bug, and generally the quickest way to unblock you is to restart the Tentacle service to clear this up. Though we’d like to troubleshoot what the root cause of this could be. Could you let me know which version of Octopus you’re running, and send us the full logs? You can email them to us at support@octopus.com or upload them on Octopus.com under the Support tab while logged in with your Octopus ID.

Is it possible the resource 'ServerTasks-xxx' was not found you’re seeing is due to this bug where we’re incorrectly building the URL in the task log (missing the Space ID), and if so does adding the Space ID in the URL show you the relevant task?

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks, Kenneth_Bates !

We are using version 2020.1.21 and restart tentacle service solves the problem.

And the issue was not related to missing spaces ID as it was (and now)working fine without it.

Happy to close the ticket.

Kind regards

Hi @tejpal.chohan,

You’re very welcome, and thanks for the update! Great to hear that cleared this up. Please let us know if you hit this again, or have any other questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.