The given key was not present in the dictionary

I have two parallel deploy release steps, which only run when the package is a higher version.

However when one has already been deployed and is not a higher version I get the following error in the task log.

It works perfectly fine when I do it linearly.

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

|   == Failed: Step 1: Chat API Serivce ==
    09:52:36   Verbose  |     Chat API Serivce completed
    09:53:06   Verbose  |     An operation in "Chat API Serivce" failed
                        |     The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                        |     System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                        |     at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
                        |     at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                        |     at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.Deploy.Steps.DeployRelease.DeployReleaseActionHandler.Resume(ActionCommand command)
                        |     at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.Deploy.DeploymentTaskController.ResumeAnyPausedSteps()
                        |     Octopus.Server version 2018.5.1 (2018.5.1+Branch.master.Sha.fed1d75e0ea43fd69e57346195af647457206d93)
    09:53:06   Fatal    |     The step failed: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    09:53:06   Verbose  |     Chat API Serivce completed
                        |   
                        |     Success: Octopus Server
    09:52:36   Verbose  |       Octopus Server version: 2018.5.1+Branch.master.Sha.fed1d75e0ea43fd69e57346195af647457206d93
    09:52:36   Verbose  |       Environment Information:
                        |       OperatingSystem: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.14393.0
                        |       OsBitVersion: x64
                        |       Is64BitProcess: True
                        |       CurrentUser: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        |       MachineName: SWI-DEPLOY01
                        |       ProcessorCount: 4
                        |       CurrentDirectory: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        |       TempDirectory: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        |       HostProcessName: Octopus.Server
                        |       PID: 4236
    09:52:36   Info     |       The project Chat API Service will not be deployed because the requested release version (6.32.0.2) is not higher than the currently deployed or queued version (6.32.0.2).
    09:52:36   Verbose  |       Successfully finished Chat API Serivce on the Octopus Server

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch and I’m sorry to hear that you’re having these issues.

I’ve quickly had a look at the code and I’ve found that we have missed a check in the code to make sure that we should deploy the step. Just to confirm my assumptions, do you have a manual intervention step (or do you use guided failure) in your project?

I’ve raised this GitHub issue to have this rectified as quickly as possible.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

thank you for your quick and detailed response :grinning:.

yes I have two dependent projects which both have manual intervention steps.

kind regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.