The "GetAssemblyVersionInfo" task failed unexpectedly

Here’s the error that is being returned:

C:\Builds\7174\TGG\WebAPI_Dev_Build_Deploy\src\WebAPI\packages\OctoPack.3.0.41\tools\OctoPack.targets (44): The “GetAssemblyVersionInfo” task failed unexpectedly. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Builds\7174\TGG\WebAPI_Dev_Build_Deploy\bin\WebAPI.dll at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName) at OctoPack.Tasks.GetAssemblyVersionInfo.CreateTaskItemFromFileVersionInfo(String path) in y:\work\46cfb6001f03d701\source\OctoPack.Tasks\GetAssemblyVersionInfo.cs:line 48 at OctoPack.Tasks.GetAssemblyVersionInfo.Execute() in y:\work\46cfb6001f03d701\source\OctoPack.Tasks\GetAssemblyVersionInfo.cs:line 40 at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__20.MoveNext()

I can see that it is looking for WebAPI.dll and can’t find it. It is true that the file isn’t there. The weird thing is that when I comment out the GetAssemblyVersionInfo section - it still gets called. I’ve attached the targets file (with the section NOT commented out) in case that helps.

BTW, this is OctoPack v3.0.41.

Thanks in advance!

OctoPack.targets (9 KB)

After many changes - I’m not even sure what ended up working - I’ve gotten past this. Thanks.