The Data is Invalid

I am deploying an IIS site to a server and am getting an error every time the deployment runs and I can’t seem to get past it. The error is:

Set-WebConfigurationProperty : The data is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000D)
At D:\Program Files\Octopus\Scripts\Octopus.Features.IISWebSite_BeforePostDeploy.ps1:132 char:29

• Set-WebConfigurationProperty <<<< -filter /system.webServer/security/authentication/anonymousAuthentication -name enabled -value “$enableAnonymous” -location $WebSiteName -PSPath “IIS:”
  • CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:slight_smile: [Set-WebConfigurationProperty], COMException
  • FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.IIs.PowerShell.Provider.SetConfigurationPropertyCommand
    PowerShell script returned a non-zero exit code: 1

Basically, it fails when trying to set security, no matter what I check, it always fails. Any ideas? I have attached the log and the configuration.

log.txt (4 KB)

Hi John,

I believe this happens when there is a problem with your web.config file - perhaps deploying the site manually just this once will help to show the issue? Common causes are depending on a module like IIS URL Rewrite that hasn’t been installed on the target web server, causing the framework to treat your configuration file as being invalid.

Paul

That was it, thank you!