TFS Dashboard and Octopus Deploy Integration Extension

While setting up the Dashboard widget in TFS using the Octopus Deploy Integration Extension, when I select a project it is showing an incorrect version of the release, not sure what I’m doing wrong here.

We currently have 2 different version of Octopus one is V3.3.2 and V4.1.4, both of the versions has the same Roles setup for the account used for pulling data. However in V3.3.2 it does not matter which project I choose the version release is not showing properly. If I perform the same steps in V4.1.4 it is showing the data properly. Is V3.3.2 supported? Also when I click the link from the TFS dashboard the name of the project is not the same as what is being displayed which is confusing to me. Please see uploaded pictures for reference.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately this is a known issue without workaround. That 2y old+ version had a different API signature, so when the current Dashboard widget calls that old Dashboard API, it doesn’t quite get what it looks for.

I’m sorry its not the news you were looking for :(. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Dalmiro,

Thank you for your reply at least now I know I was not doing anything wrong. My thought was it was in the permission. :slight_smile:

Hi Dalmiro,

I have another question, I setup the dashboard and the permissions are set to View, Edit and Manage Dashboard in TFS but when another user logs in using his profile and look at the dashboard the Octopus Integration Extension shows as loading, no data is being displayed. I would assume that if the account used to display the data is the service account it should not have any issues. Any ideas on what is the issue here?

Hi Quads,

I would just like to confirm whether the loading issue you mentioned here is the same as the one in your other ticket other ticket?

Regards,
Shaun

Yes, sorry it is the same.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.