Terraform modules loading on dockerized workers issues

Hi

We’ve run into a problem with loading up modules using Terraform on dockerized worker tentacles(build in step Plan to Apply Terraform template):

Initializing modules…

• module.main
    Getting source “modules”
  • module.main.eventdatastore
    Error downloading modules: Error loading modules: module eventdatastore: GetFileAttributesEx \ContainerMappedDirectories\7EDE6436-CCFA-43B3-8119-71F871016536\Work: The system cannot find the path specified.
    Adding journal entry:

It seems that the workers in docker containers do not resolve #{Octopus.Machine.Id} correctly and return a null which then in turn does not set the path to modules.

When we pull package locally the path gets resolved without any issues.

What would be the best way to work around this step apart from executing it on a full blown tentacle?

Best,
Andrzej

Hi @Szarlej,

Thanks for getting in touch! This might take a little while to drill down to the exact problem. Can you help me by answering a few questions?

Let’s continue this conversation in private for now by sending the response to support@octopus.com - after which we will report back with our findings.

1. Which version of Octopus Server are you running?
  2. Which docker image are you using for Tentacle?
  3. Please send the full deployment log for a failing deployment and a working deployment (if you have one) to support@octopus.com
  4. Please send a screenshot of the Terraform step, or you can export the JSON and send that to me if you’d prefer (you can do this directly in the step UI).

Hope that helps!
Mike

Oooh, I should also have confirmed this is Tentacle running on Windows? That’s my 99% assured guess. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.