Terraform deployment.Terraform Provider azure rm provider registration error

Terraform deployment credential error despite my octopus service principal have the appropriate permissions.

Terraform Azurerm provider error:
Error: Unable to list provider registration status, it is possible that this is due to invalid credentials or the service principal does not have permission to use the Resource Manager API, Azure error: resources.ProvidersClient#List: Failure responding to request: StatusCode=403 – Original Error: autorest/azure: Service returned an error. Status=403 Code=“AuthorizationFailed”

Hi @olanrewaju.oladunjoye,

Thanks for reaching out about your Terraform issue. Without seeing your Terraform setup, it’s difficult to say what is going wrong. The error message does seem to point to a permission error, could you check if the given credentials have the correct permissions?

I did find a user with a similar issue here https://github.com/Azure/vagrant-azure/issues/127#issuecomment-226659944 and their workaround was to add the user at the subscription level rather than the resource group level.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction, please let me know if you have any other questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.