Tentacle working with several servers

Hi,

We have several different sites (applications) on the same machines. We want to use different octopus servers for different applications to escape mixu with environments/projects/access rules etc.

As we understood there is no possibility now to install several instances of tentacle on the same machine.
Is it possible (or may be can be implemented in the near future) to configure the tentacle to support several servers thumbprints.
I.e. two different octopus servers will use same tentacle.

Thanks,
Igal

Hi Igal,

Thanks for getting in touch! You can have as many Tentacle instances on one machine as you require.

This documentation pages shows you the steps to set up a second, third etc instance of tentacle with their own thumbprints.

Hope this helps!
Vanessa

Thanks Vanessa, its exactly what we need.
Will try to configure.

Hi Vanessa,

As documentation says - “use the instance selector drop down to create or manage instances”.
The thing is, this drop down indeed exists in Octopus Manager, but not in the Tentacle Manager and we need new tentical instance…
Am I missing something here ?

Thanks,
Igal

Hi Igal,

See my attached screenshot … The default clickable option is just not there for you?

Vanessa

Nope…

It’s started as - “C:\Program Files\Octopus Tentacle 2.0\Tools\Tools.exe” tentacle

I see our windows sligtly different…
I forgot to mention - the tentacle running on Win 2003 x32 bit server.

Hi Igor,

Okay I think I have gotten to the bottom of this. When you run the tentacle upgrade through Octopus is upgrades the Tentacle (as it should right?!) but what it does not do is update the shortcuts or start menu items for Tentacle Manager. Based on our previous communication, I know you have a recent version of Tentacle, so what I am thinking is you are using the old tools for an old install.
Can you check the directories on the Tentacle for other possible directories or try searching for tools.exe and seeing if you have multiple locations? The screenshot shows a pretty old version and 2.4 definitely should have that feature.

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,
Thank you for your help.
The tentacle (or tools?) version was indeed the issue. There were no multiple versions of tools.exe, its seems that the tentacle (or part of its files) was not updated (see attached), alghought it was not reported in the environments window.

After reinstaling tentacle manually the problem was resolved.

Thanks,
Igal

Capture.JPG