Tentacle upgrade fails - Get-WmiObject : Provider load failure

We have upgraded OcopusDeploy to 3.4.13. And all but one tentacle has also been upgraded. One tentacle although gives an error:
Host Name: WAISOTEST01
Running As: ISOTEST\SYSTEM (Local Administrator: True)
Running Tentacle version 3.4.13
Running latest version of Calamari: 3.4.28
Get-WmiObject : Provider load failure
At C:\Octopus\Work\20161025132005-8\Bootstrap.ps1:121 char:15

• Get-WmiObject <<<<  win32_LogicalDisk -ErrorAction Stop  | ? { ($_.DriveT                                                                                                                                                                               

ype -eq 3) -and ($.FreeSpace -ne $null)} | % { CheckDriveCapacity @{Name =$.
DeviceId; FreeSpace=$_.FreeSpace} }

• CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:slight_smile: [Get-WmiObject], Managemen
    tException
  • FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetWMIManagementException,Microsoft.PowerShell.C
    ommands.GetWmiObjectCommand
    The remote script failed with exit code 1
    The remote script failed with exit code 1
    Octopus.Shared.Tasks.ActivityFailedException: The remote script failed with exit code 1
    at Octopus.Worker.Scripting.ScriptResult.EnsureSuccessful() in Y:\Work\refs\tags\3.4.13\source\Octopus.Worker\Scripting\ScriptResult.cs:line 69
    at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.Health.HealthCheckService.PerformHealthCheck(Machine machine, ExceptionHandling exceptionHandling, Action`1 customAction) in Y:\Work\refs\tags\3.4.13\source\Octopus.Server\Orchestration\Health\HealthCheckService.cs:line 69
    Octopus.Server version 3.4.13 (3.4.13+Branch.master.Sha.875581637fa0b39fc45c2ac494f01db8453a2b8c)

I attached the complete logfile.
What to do??

ServerTasks-13185.log.txt (3 KB)

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’ve tried to reproduce your problem but the script ran just fine on Windows 2008 with PowerShell 2. Can you do two things for me so we can get more information about this problem?

• Have you restarted the machine since you saw the problem for the first time? If not, please do it and try again.
  • Can you enable WMI tracing, reproduce the problem and attach the trace to this discussion?

Regards

Pawel

Hello Pawel,
We have discovered the problem already. We had Windows Server 2008R2, SP1 was missing. After installing this, it worked fine.
Thank you for your support.
Regards
Eric

Hi,

I’m glad you’ve solved the problem and thank you for getting back to us with the details.

Regards

Pawel