Tentacle stores the downloaded package twice

Hi Paul

Just upgraded to release 1.0.15.1246 and did a test on my playground system and for some unknown reason it seems that tentacle stores the nupkg files twice.

I have originally configured my tentacle to deploy to the folder D:\Auto_Deploy and now with latest release I see the downloaded package in the d:\Auto_Deploy\ZZ_XX.1.0.1233 where ZZ and XX is project and environment, but package is downloaded under the .tentacle folder which I think it’s a bit overkill to store it twice.

Is this a know issue?

Br.
Tom

Hey Tom,

Under .Tentacle you should find a copy of the nupkg file - this file is uploaded from the Octopus server. It’s uploaded to that temporary folder before the deployment begins.

During deployment, NuGet internally copies the .nupkg file to the target folder, so you’ll end up with a copy. However, that copy ought to get deleted by Octopus once the deployment succeeds. Is that not happening?

Paul

Hi Paul

As you can see below, the two folder XX-QA and YY-QA is the problem, inside those folder the nupkg file is located but the same folder/files are also located under the .Tentacle folder.

10-07-2012 11:09 .
10-07-2012 11:09 …
03-07-2012 22:56 .Tentacle
10-07-2012 09:54 XX-qa.1.0.142278
22-06-2012 14:34 QA
10-07-2012 09:49 YY.1.0.142278

/Tom

Thanks for the clarification Tom, it must be a bug. I’ll investigate it today

Paul

Hi Tom,

I tried to reproduce this today but haven’t been able to, and I’m still not sure I understand what you are seeing. Could you send me a screenshot of the directory structure in Explorer? (Email it to paul@paulstovell.com if that is easier).

Also, what are XX and YY in the text above? Package names or environment names?

Paul

This is now fixed in the latest release. Thanks Tom!

Paul