Tentacle service stops?

The tentacle service occassionally stops and I have to manually start it again before my deployment will start. I checked the event viewer but the only logs from either Octopus or OctopusTentacle is the following event (I see it several times). I’m not convinced this is related to the service stopping because the dates of these events do not correspond with times at which the service stopped.

The description for Event ID 0 from source Octopus cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

2013-11-27 11:09:32,644 [5] ERROR Octopus [(null)] - Error while executing job: PowerShell script returned a non-zero exit code: 1
Octopus.Shared.Activities.ActivityFailedException: PowerShell script returned a non-zero exit code: 1
   at Octopus.Tentacle.Services.Jobs.Script.ScriptJobExecutor.Execute(ScriptJob job, JobState state) in c:\w\e6923628be6eaf72\source\Octopus.Tentacle\Services\Jobs\Script\ScriptJobExecutor.cs:line 52
   at Octopus.Tentacle.Services.Jobs.JobQueue.RunDeploymentsOnBackgroundThread(Object ignored) in c:\w\e6923628be6eaf72\source\Octopus.Tentacle\Services\Jobs\JobQueue.cs:line 82

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Thanks for getting in touch. This error’s usually logged when a PowerShell script fails in a deployment, so I agree this probably isn’t the cause of the periodic shutdown/restart.

Is there any indication of an issue in the Windows event logs (Application, System)? Sometimes there are indicators of other problems on the machine there.

We’ve made some improvements to stability and diagnostics on the Tentacle in Octopus 2 - if you’re planning an upgrade in the near future that might also help with this one?