Tentacle service account - interactive logon?

HI folks - our tentacles run under a Windows Service account which currently has interactive logon enabled. As part of our company’s security policy, all interactive service accounts have to have their passwords changed each year - this will obviously be a problem for us given the sheer number of tentacles that we have.

Am I correct in thinking that there’s no reason why Tentacle can’t be executed using a service account that has interactive logon disabled?

Thanks!

HI D.A.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You are 100% correct that the Tentacle doesn’t require an account with interactive logon enabled (we use Local System by default with is just that). The one caveat is that if you are using Tentacle to launch applications that require interactivity that that functionality will no longer work, however that is generally not required.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help with,

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Just to go on the back of this, can you confirm if application service account (i.e, “OctopusDeploy”) requires interactive logon privilege?

Many Thanks,

Richard

HI Richard,

I can confirm that it does not. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex for your speedy response!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.