Tentacle not able to start

Unrecognized configuration section startup. (D:\Octopus Deploy\Tentacle\Octopus.Manager.Tentacle.exe.Config line 3)
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException

When trying to start tentacle I get an error saying “Startup” is not recognized. I have uninstalled and installed again the tentacle with same behavior.
I have even compared with other tentacles and config file looks the same

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear that you have run into an issue with Octopus Tentacle. Going of what you are describing it appears that the Tentacle config is corrupt. I see that you have mentioned uninstalling Tentacle, however that does leave the config files behind unless you manually remove them.

Are you able to follow the instructions that we have here for a full uninstall, and let me know if the issue persists after a Tentacle re-install?

Thanks Daniel, I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your suggestion.
Nevertheless we figured it out the issue.
Someone by mistake deleted all config files in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config, causing an issue in Tentacle and other applications

So after restoring config files in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config the Tentacle started working as usual.

Thank you and regards
Daniel GP

Hi Daniel,

Glad to hear that you got this sorted, I can imagine that would have caused all sorts of issues on that box!

Let me know if there is anything else we can assist with,

Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.