Tentacle health check failed - Calamari error

Since this weekend we’ve been getting this error on one of our servers. The health check is failing so we can’t do any deployments to that server.

“An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (Calamari.deps.json) was not found:
package: ‘runtimepack.Microsoft.NETCore.App.Runtime.win-x64’, version: ‘3.1.20’
path: ‘api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll’
The remote script failed with exit code -2147450740”

I have restarted the server, installed the 3.1.20 hosting bundle the server, uninstalled & reinstalled the tentacle, tried different variations from listening to polling. I’m getting the same health check error on both setups.

We haven’t made any changes to our on-prem Octopus server.
So far we’re only experiencing it on this server.

On-prem Octopus server version: 2021.3.8275

Please let me know if you require any more information.

Thank you for your assistance.

Nadia

Hi, @Nadia.Vermeulen
Thank you for contacting Octopus Support. We are sorry to hear the health check is failing on that server.
The Tentacle is mostly self-contained, the only pre-requisite it requires is a .NET 4.5.2 for modern versions and that version is usually installed with Windows.
Usually, for the failed health checks we recommend trying to disable (if possible) the antivirus and re-running the check. We had several AV solutions, blocking parts of Octopus-Tentacle operations, due to heuristics.
However, it is usually more specific to blocked PowerShell scripts and not assemblies.

If AV disable doesn’t work, we can try some other approaches. One solution from the top of my head would be to use the Process Monitor and see where api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll is loaded.

Please let us know if that helps.
Thank you.
Sergei

Hi Sergei, thank you for your help, the issue was on our side. We’re in the process of migrating from on-prem to cloud, and running dual tentacles on the webservers. Cloud updated Calamari and our on-prem server can’t handle the latest version on Calamari yet. I found a temporary work-around for the time being.

You can close this ticket.

Thank you

Hi @Nadia.Vermeulen,

Just jumping in for Sergei as he is currently off shift as part of our US-based team.

That’s great you found the issue and have a workaround, thank you for letting us know.

If you need anything else please reach out as we love to help here at Octopus!

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.