Tentacle Health Check, DB Backup, Tentacle upgrade tasks timeout after 2.3 upgrade

Hi guys

After upgrading from 2.1 to 2.3, the tasks below are timing out due to previous tasks stuck in the queue. However, the tasks that are stuck in the queue are in the ‘Canceled’ state. I have deleted these stuck tasks from the database, however the tasks below still time out.

• Check Tentacle Health
  • Scheduled Database Backup
  • Apply Retention Policies
  • Tentacle Upgrade

Deployments from projects are working fine.

Thanks for the report, there was a bug in the query we used on that page (chances are that you have a task that is cancelling, rather than cancelled tasks preventing the task from running). Can you please upgrade to this version?

Paul

Hi Paul

Thx for the update. I’ve upgraded to 2.3.2 and I can see one stuck task which is in the ‘Cancelling’ state, its a Manual Backup requested 1 month ago. It’s still holding up the other tasks from being performed.

Hi,

Does clicking Cancel on the task now force it to cancel?

If not, will you be available for a screen sharing session where we can try to manually fix the task?

Paul

I’ve clicked cancel, no go however, still in the cancelled state.

Happy to do screen share, I’m based in NZ, available for the next 2 hours. Otherwise, let me know when’s a good time for you.

Any time in the next few hours works for me too. My Skype name is paulstovell, or let me know if you want to use a different technology.

Paul

Resolved. Thx for your help Paul.