Tentacle.exe deploy-package not copying files

Hi,

I’m stuck …

in relation to this thread: http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/questions/1412-tentacle-only-deployment-is-ignoring-octopus-variables

… does this syntax apply to version 2 of tentacle.exe? I see in the release notes for v2 there are some changes in variable names.

I am copying the package manually up to the server and deploying the package from the command line via rdp. The package is being unpacked and stored in the c:\octopus\applications{appname} folder, but not being copied to the wwwroot folder where I want it to go.

Running v2.0.11.1080 of tentacle. I have tried many variations of the following:

“C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Tentacle\tentacle.exe” deploy-package --f “c:\temp\myapp.nupkg” -v Octopus.Action.Package.CustomInstallationDirectory=“C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test” -v Octopus.Step.IsTentacleDeployment=True

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

Sorry that this change affected you.

To get it working, I think you’ll need:

Octopus.Action.IsTentacleDeployment = true
Octopus.Action.Package.CustomInstallationDirectory = ..your directory...

Paul

Thanks Paul, that worked.

For reference which might help others, here’s the command:

“C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Tentacle\tentacle.exe” deploy-package --f “c:\temp\myapp.nupkg” -v Octopus.Action.Package.CustomInstallationDirectory=“C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test” -v Octopus.Action.IsTentacleDeployment=True