Tentacle Errors in 2.0 - Works though?

So, I got our server upgraded from 1.6.xx to 2.0.9.1020. I have 2 tentacles installed also.

I got the thumbprint issues resolved and getting our tentacles back up and running. I then rebooted both tentacles and the server.
Upon reboot, everything is fine, tentacles show up and running, there are no errors in the application log.

I then started a deployment to run. The deployment starts and gets to the step where it uploads the package to the tentacle.
At this point I start receiving errors every few seconds in the event log of the Tentacle.

There are hundreds of exceptions like this: (they are thrown every 10 seconds)

Log Name: Application
Source: Octopus Tentacle
Date: 1/20/2014 2:58:34 PM
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxx
Description:
2014-01-20 14:58:34.0063 ERROR Unhandled error when processing request from client
System.IO.IOException: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at Pipefish.Transport.SecureTcp.Server.SecureTcpServer.ExecuteRequest(TcpClient client) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\cf0b1f41263b24b9\source\Pipefish.Transport.SecureTcp\Server\SecureTcpServer.cs:line 109
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
xxxxx

2014-01-20 14:58:34.0063 ERROR Unhandled error when processing request from client
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at Pipefish.Transport.SecureTcp.Server.SecureTcpServer.ExecuteRequest(TcpClient client) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\cf0b1f41263b24b9\source\Pipefish.Transport.SecureTcp\Server\SecureTcpServer.cs:line 109

The deployment appears to work successfully in the end, I just don’t care for all these errors in the event log.

The OctopusTentacle log file also shows this error: (100s of times, repeating)
2014-01-20 14:58:44.0077 ERROR Unhandled error when processing request from client

Interestingly… c:\TeamCity\buildagent… shouldn’t exist anywhere in my environment… Not sure why the tentacle would know about C:\TeamCity\BuildAgent anyhow… why would it be looking here? My TC Server doesn’t have a local build agent, so it only has a C:\TeamCity folder, and my agents are under C:\BuildAgent.

Hi Gavin,

It looks like your Octopus 1.6 server is still running, and attempting to connect to the new tentacles on the same port. Could this be the case?

Regards,
Nick

No, I stopped and disabled the old service. I may have another server that I’m not using anymore that’s trying… I’ll check that.

Thanks; if you can’t find it, I have an executable that logs the client IP for incoming connections. Or, by increasing the Tentacle’s log level to Trace you can get this information from the Tentacle log file (http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Log+files).