Tentacle configuration files don't get cleaned up

Hello,

I’m running Octopus 3.3.8 and I have notived that the tentacle configuration files folder (\Octopus Deploy\Tentacle Configuration\Files) is 8GB and still have all the files since it has been installed (August last year) even though I have the retention policy to 30 days.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry for the late reply. In a standard installation we do not have the file path \Octopus Deploy\Tentacle Configuration\Files Is this something that has been created manually?
Could you please attach a screen shot of the files in the directory?

Regards,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

I don’t recall ever changing any Octopus Path, but I attach a screenshot with the folder contents. I think it’s a Tentacle folder with the nuget packages.

Thanks!

Hi,

It looks like that is a changed Deployment Journal location issue, this was moved between Octopus version 2.x - 3.x we have a small section on this down the bottom of the following link:

You should be able to confirm this as the packages will not be in your current Deployment Journal as mentioned in the same documentation page.
If this is so then it should be fine to manually delete them as that folder is not used any more.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi,

Yeah that helps.

Thanks!