Tentacle communication issue

Hi ,

I just installed another tentacle and install the service. Currently I cannot make a successful hand shake. When going to he localhost:10933 page I get success message. When I go to the octopus server web portal to check the machine I added . I see below :

Pipefish.Errors.PipefishCommunicationException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.11.1.5:10933
at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
at Octopus.Server.Communications.Handshaking.BackgroundPassiveTentacleSquidFinder.d__a.MoveNext() in y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Server\Communications\Handshaking\BackgroundPassiveTentacleSquidFinder.cs:line 96
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.11.1.5:10933
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
at Pipefish.Transport.SecureTcp.Client.SecureTcpClient.Send(SecureTcpRequest request) in y:\work\3cbe05672d69a231\source\Pipefish.Transport.SecureTcp\Client\SecureTcpClient.cs:line 39
at Octopus.Server.Communications.Handshaking.PassiveTentacleHandshaker.Receive(PassiveTentacleHandshakeRequest message) in y:\work\refs\heads\master\source\Octopus.Server\Communications\Handshaking\PassiveTentacleHandshaker.cs:line 56
at Pipefish.Actor.OnReceivingTyped[TBody](Message message) in y:\work\3cbe05672d69a231\source\Pipefish\Actor.cs:line 113

Any ideas

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! We suspect the reason for this issue you’re having may be due to your Octopus Server version compared with your Tentacle version, which can have some compatibility issues if they are very different. But to thoroughly troubleshoot, I’d like to get some more information.

Based on the error, I assume your Server version is 2.x, is that correct?
What is your Octopus Tentacle version?
Would you please send over your Tentacle logs (located in C:/Octopus/logs)?

Kind regards,

Kenny