Tenants disappearing when I add certain environments

Hi,

I’ve currently switched to using tenants/tenanted deployments as we are looking to use active/active services running in different regions, and also branching out to other regions.

I have created 2 tenants 1 for West Europe and 1 for North Europe and assigned the relevant environments to those tenants (nice and simple)

Example shown here of a project called Accounts that has the relevant environments assigned

North EU

West EU

Most of the projects are only showing 1 of the tenants to deploy not not both when I add all the environments I want to in each:-

If I remove some of the environments, in this case Test and Development from say West Europe the project now allows me to deploy to both tenants.

Environments removed from West EU

Deployment process now shows 2 regions:-

I have added the tenants to the correct deployment targets and the environments are associated with the correct accounts and certificates etc. For some projects is allows me to deploy regions others are West Europe only and some are only North Europe

Can anyone shed some light on this as its blocking me from moving forward.

Thanks

Just to hopefully shed a bit more light on this, it only does this for certain environments/projects. e.g demo shows both tenants all fine, but say production doesn’t even though they are both scoped in both tenants:-

Demo

Production

Hi @joep,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

It looks like the Development, Test, and QA environments for the WEST EU tenant may be linked to one or more phases in your lifecycle using the “All must complete” setting for “Required to process”. If you change this to an “Optional phase”, it should unblock you.

If you have more than one lifecycle, check your channels for the project to make sure you edit the one that applies here.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Donny

Hi Donny, thanks for the quick response. That has now resolved my issue.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi @joep,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’m glad your issue is now resolved.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if anything else comes up.

Regards,
Donny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.