Tenanted deploy help

I have migrated our Octopus setup to use tenanted deploy but I must be doing something wrong…

When I select the tenants I wish to deploy, the machines/targets are not being filtered causing the website do be deployed in all machines instead of the two machines where I am expecting the website to be published.

Here is my setup:

1. Created a “Tenant tag set” called “Hosting” with tags, say “A” (green) and “B” (yellow)
  2. In the Environments page I have associated some machines with “Hosting” = “A” and other machines as “Hosting” = “B”, can see the corresponding green and yellow labels bellow each machine
  3. In Tenants page I have associated some tenants with “Hosting” = “A” and other tenants as “Hosting” = “B”, can see the corresponding green and yellow labels bellow each tenant
  4. Create new release
  5. Deploy to…
  6. Select the environment
  7. Select a tenant which I know is associated with Hosting = A (from step 3)
  8. The list of machines for the deployments steps still includes all machines instead of only the machines associated with Hosting = A
  9. Attempted to deploy hopping it would “filter” the machines during deployment, but instead I got the website published in all the machines regarding of the Hosting parameter.

Any ideas?

Octopus version is 3.7.12

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for getting in touch! That does seem like some strange unexpected behavior. Unfortunately, however, I’m unable to reproduce this in a local instance running 3.7.12, and specifying an individual tenant works as expected. Do you get the expected results when targeting the tenant tag itself (Hosting = A), instead of an individual tenant? I’m hoping that would help you get the intended behavior for the time being.

We’ve shipped a huge number of improvements and bug fixes around this area (and everywhere else) since 3.7.12, so if you’re hitting a bug that I’m not spotting, it’s almost guaranteed to have been fixed since then, and upgrading would be the recommended solution if it’s at all possible. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi, thanks for you reply. It does not work selecting only the Hosting tag instead of the tenant. I’ll try to upgrade the Octopus this weekend and test it again, I’ll let you know.

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for following up and letting me know. Sorry that didn’t help for the time being! I’m keen to hear the result after upgrading. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.