Tenant variables not populating on script step running on Octopus Server

Hi there,

I have a step in my process which runs a PowerShell script.
I need this step to run on the Octopus Server for each tenant in the deployment.
The project requires tenants for the deployment.

I have set up the step with the following settings:

• Execution location: Octopus Server on behalf of each deployment target
  • On behalf of: Selected deployment targets (I have tried with and without this set)

In the script project variables work fine however tenant variables are never populated.

Can you identify what I may have configured incorrectly?

Hi Tony,

Thanks for getting in touch! I suspect the reason behind the tenant variables never being populated in this way is due to the fact that multi-tenanted deployments creates an individual deployment task per tenant, so not all tenant variables will show as a result.

There might be an approach to get what you’re after; can you expand a bit on your scenario, like what information that’s stored on the tenant variables you’re needing in your script?

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for your response.

In my setup there is currently only a single tenant. There will be more tenants added once I get this working, the particular variable I am trying to access exists in all tenants so in a multi-tenanted deployment I would expect all tasks to be populated with the tenant variable from the tenant for that deployment.

The tenants all have a string variable which contains an Azure Storage Container Name, my PowerShell script needs this info to interact with the correct storage container.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.