Tenant Type Tags

Hi
We are trying to use the “Tenant Type” tags.

I have a Azure cloud target, with a DEVELOPMENT tag and the tenant has the same tag. When we go to deploy we get the following message…

"The step failed: Activity Deploy xxxxxxxxxxx on the Octopus Server failed with error ‘The azureserviceprincipal-azure-msdn-subscription account does not belong to this tenant and this project cannot be deployed. Either add the account to the tenant or resolve a different account.’. "

The deployment works if i add the tenant to the account. I dont want to add all our tenants to the account as each new customer will need to be added.

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for getting in touch! That’s great to hear you got the deployment working by adding the tenant to the account. Is your DEVELOPMENT tag you’ve mentioned a tenant tag? You can add bulk tenants to the account by adding the tenant tag itself to the account. This should prevent you from having to add each tenant individually.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your reply.

The “Tenant Type” called "development has already been added to the Azure Account and the Tenant it self. It has also been added to the deployment target which in this case is a cloud target. Did you want me to email you screen shots of the setup. It still gives the error, so i must be missing somthing or there is a loop hole.

Thanks in advance …

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for following up. It sounds like you’ve set it up correctly. I’d like to try mimicking your setup in my local instance to determine if there’s a bug or an oversight of any kind. I would appreciate some screenshots of your setup if you’re able. You can attach them here to this thread (you can sanitize any sensitive info in the images or mark this thread as private), or you can email them to support at octopus dot com and I’ll find them there. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back!

Kind regards,

Kenny

Hi,

I have emailed you the screen shots. Please let me know if you need anything else.

regards

g

Hi Gerard,

Thank you very much for providing those screenshots. I’ve replied to your email and we can continue investigating there. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Kenny

Just wondering if there is any update ?

thanks

Hi Gerard,

I’m sorry about the delay in getting back to you after your leave! I’m just letting you know here as well that I’ve responded to your email, and hoping we get to the bottom of this strange issue soon. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.