Tenant-centric dashboard?

Hi all,

(Octopus 2019.12.4)

Is there a way to view the projects and version a given tenant has deployed? The default dashboard is project-centric and not particularly useful in a multi-tenant environment, so we see something like this:

So we have a number of projects and three tenants - the grey numbers (1/3, etc) give us a pointer to how many tenants are not on the latest version, but what would be useful is the ability to select a tenant and see the version of all projects that are deployed to that tenant.

We can go to the Tenants view and see projects that are applicable for a tenant, but we then have to drill into each project to see what version each project is at: so it’s not a single view that provides a summary of the state of all projects for a single tenant (at least, that we can see).

A view like the main dashboard, but instead of tenants on the vertical, it’s a list of projects for a selected tenant be what we’re looking for.

Have I missed something obvious?

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Unfortunately you’re not missing anything. Being able to view across multiple projects for a specific tenant is not possible today.

We completely agree this would be useful. Adding an overview page to each tenant, similar to the project overview but tenant-centric, would make a lot of sense.

It’s on our radar, so hopefully you’ll see something make its way into the product in the future.

The closest I can offer as a workaround right now is to suggest that this information can be extracted via the HTTP API. But I realize writing your own Octopus dashboard is probably not exactly how you want to spend your time.

If there’s anything else we can help with, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Hello,

Is there any updates on this matter?

We are currently using multiple client environment approach (TenantA - Dev, TenantA - Live, …, TenantG - Live) and it has become pretty complex already. We have 10+ tenants (most of them has 2 or more environments) and 30+ projects.
So we are thinking about moving to tenanted approach, but no tenant based overview/dashboard is a bit of a concern. So is there anything in your roadmap or we should invest building our own based on the API?

Regards,
Siim

Hi Siim,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query.

I’ve checked and, although numerous small improvements have been made over the past two years, I don’t believe there has been an update to address this specifically.

I’d recommend checking out our UserVoice at https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/. You can then either upvote a similar feature request or submit a new one of your own. Our product team can then see which areas could be good to focus on.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles