Teams webhook not working in octopus

We have octopus step that calls a teams webhook when an octopus succeeds or fails but it is failing.

log.txt (9.7 KB)

Hi @thai_j,

Thanks for posting your issue and welcome to the Octopus Community!

I was wondering if this just recently started failing for you?

It looks like the step template was updated around the 23rd of August, so it might be that you need to update your step template in Octopus. This can be done by going to Library > Step Templates > Microsoft Teams - Post a message. There should be a notification at the top indicating the step is out of date. Clicking the hyperlink in the message should take you through to view the new step and update it.

Once the step template has been updated, you will then need to update it in projects where it is used. To do this, go back to Library > Step Templates > Microsoft Teams - Post a message, and click ‘Usage’. Each project should have an update button next to it.

If that doesn’t fix the issue for you, you may want to verify that the webhook URL being used in the Octopus step matches the configured one for the Teams channel. You can find the Teams webhook under Your Team > Channel > 3 dots > Connectors > Configured > Manage.

If there is no webhook URL configured for your channel, then you’ll need to configure a new one.

I hope that’s helpful and let me know how it goes.

Best,
Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.