Teams API endpoint returning 404

Minor issue, simple workaround. Server v 2021.1 (Build 7469)

Noticed I get a 404 when I call [root]//api/teams (note the double front slash to begin the path) but it’s all good when I call [root]/api/teams (note the single front slash). What’s odd is that [root]//api/projects works as well as [root]/api/projects (single and double slash to start the path). So I can tell there’s something just ‘slightly’ different about the teams endpoint.

Easy enough for me to workaround, just wanted to pass it along.

Hi @david.roberts,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue! It looks like you’re running into this bug:

Could you take a look and let me know if that might be what you’re experiencing?

Regards,
Garrett

That’s close, but on my version, I don’t have that problem on that url, ‘projects’ that is. I only seem to have it on the ‘teams’ api. Though I have not done exhaustive testing of other endpoints. I tried the ‘partialName’ with no change in behavior. If I put a double slash after the host name for the teams endpoint nothing else matters, it always returns the error.

Hi @david.roberts,

Thanks for letting me know. You are correct this inconsistency on endpoints regarding the // for the Teams endpoint is still on version 2021.1.7469.

I’ve just tested 2021.1.7665 this seems to be resolved. Both [root]//api/teams and [root]/api/teams function the same way.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like this fix will be backported into your current version as it’s minor and has a workaround. Would it be possible for you to upgrade to 2021.1.7665? We have a guide to minor upgrades here if you’re interested in doing so.

If you have any more questions please let me know.

Regards,
Garrett

That works. Thank you for verifying that it is resolved in a newer version. It’s a minor item anyway, we will upgrade to that version. We consider this item resolved/closed.

Hope you have a great day Garrett.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.