TeamCity OctoPack error on build

Hi there,

Forgive me as i have probably not set something up correctly but i am struggling to build my project through TeamCity with OctoPack.
When i run my project build i get the following error message:
C:\BuildAgent\work\eca254b128c24905\www\AcademyofAncientMusic.csproj(1843, 5): You are trying to build with OctoPack, but the NuGet targets file that OctoPack depends on is not available on this computer. This is probably because the OctoPack package has not been committed to source control, or NuGet Package Restore is not enabled. Please enable NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=317567.

I do not want to enable NuGet Package Restore and have followed all the documentation on how to install and setup OctoPack with TeamCity so i am at a loss on where to go now.

Thanks,
Ash

Hi,

Did you install the OctoPack nuget from nuget.org? This should be installed in the project you try to deploy.
If not, try doing that.
If you have installed it, make sure to include the DLL files when teamcity is building.

Regards,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I did install the OctoPack nuget yes.
Is there somewhere in TeamCity that i can make sure DLL’s are being included?

Thanks,
Ash

No, that’s on a project basis.
Make sure to include the “Packages” folder when pushing things to your project repository.

Regards,
Sebastian

Aha! Thanks Sebastian, i hadnt included that packages folder, told you i was a noob :slight_smile:

Thank you, got it building now with no errors!

You’re welcome.
You can close this thread then. (Not sure if you can or if it has to be an admin.)

Regards,
Sebastian