Teamcity + Git Flow + Octopus

We are trying to upgrade our build process and have decided to go with Git and using the Git Flow.

I have set up teamcity to have 4 different build configurations: CI, Dev, Staging and Production.
http://www.tigranetworks.co.uk/blogs/electricdreams/ci-build-with-teamcity-git-and-gitflow-workflow/

CI configuration; builds and runs tests on every checking on develop and feature branches.
Dev configuration: manually triggered, builds, runs tests and deploys to dev environment
Staging configuration: manually triggered, builds, runs tests and deploys to staging environment
Production configuration: manually triggered, builds, runs tests and deploys to production environment

The question I have is how can I promote to staging from dev on different build configurations.

Has anyone accomplished this type of configuration?

Hi Chris,

What would trigger this kind of promotion? I.e. is it possible just to do it through the Octopus UI?

I haven’t seen this done specifically, but if you send some details of how the promotion would get kicked off I might have some ideas.

Regards,
Nick