Team Vs Enterprise Edition OF octopus server

HI
I need to ask about in my company i need to purchase octopus server but Want to ask what does it means when it told that in Team it use 60 project 60 user 60 target machine .
a) When we create a project so what it refer that only one nuget package deploy on one project or more than one package can be deployed in one project .
b) I need to full description team vs enterprise.
c) When We create a project in octopus server ; so for one solution it consider one project or any thing else .
d) what is Ram And Other Requirement for Tentacle Installation.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. As of 3.1 Octopus now has a relaxed licensing model. The Team license, for example, has 60 projects, 60 machines, and 60 users. But instead of enforcing that, we actually add them up (so 180 ‘things’) and allow any area to use part of this total until it is reached. So if you end up with 20 users, 60 projects and 100 machines, the Team license would still work.

RE your questions:

a) Any number of packages can be deployed to in one project. This doesnt impact the licensing limits.

b) The only difference between these 2 versions is that “Enterprise” grants the user unlimited ammount of Projects, Tentacles and users. The rest of the features are exactly the same.

c) This will be up to you actually. Each Octopus project will have its own deployment process, which you can configure to deploy X amount of applications. These applications will come in NuGet packages, which can be created from 1 or many solutions.

d) This will depend on the workload you are gonna put on the Tentacle. For regular deployments (run db scripts -> modify config files -> deploy a webapp) you wont need more than 200mb of ram per tentacle instance (and even less than that will work). If you are planning on doing some heavy work on the Tentacles, you might wanna use our Trial version first to see how your Tentacles handle your deployment process.

Hope that helps!

Dalmiro

Hi

Thanks It helps me a lot. But what if I want to create automatic release and it only ask to select one nuget package . If I Added 3 different nuget Package For Deploy on three different environment then How to achive when I checked in code.

Hi,

The Automatic Release Creation (ARC) can only watch for 1 Nuget deploy step at a time. These 3 packages you are deploying, are they completely different, or they contain the same code only with configuration changes?

Thanks,

Dalmiro

All three package are completely different .
There is One Solution and in that solution there is three different project . and we want to deploy it in same project .

Thanks
Megha Sharma

Hi Megha,

If you want to deploy the 3 packages on each deployment, you’re gonna need to add a Nuget Deployment Step (just like you did for SherlockAdminUI in your screenshot) for each package.

RE the use of ARC, since you need the deployment to be triggered after you’ve built and pushed your 3 projects/packages, what I’d recommend you to do is to stop using ARC, and instead add an extra step at the end of your BUILD process that uses Octo.exe to create and deploy a release. This step will only run if all the 3 projects were successfully compiled, packaged and pushed to your Nuget feed.

Octo.exe is a command line tool that allows you to create and deploy releases, which is perfect for scenarios like this one where you need to integrate Octopus with other systems (in this case your build server).

Hope that helps!

Dalmiro