Team City OctopusDeploy: Push packages

I’ve setup a Team City build step of type: OctopusDeploy: Push packages and I’m trying to push a build of an F# project to Octopus and receiving the following error:

|[15:22:44]|[Octopus Deploy] Pushing packages to Octopus server|
|---|---|
|[15:22:45]|[Octopus Deploy] Octopus Deploy Command Line Tool, version 4.22.1|
|[15:22:45]|[Octopus Deploy] |
|[15:22:45]|[Octopus Deploy] Handshaking with Octopus server: http://abc-octopus.local|
|[15:22:45]|[Octopus Deploy] Handshake successful. Octopus version: 2018.4.4; API version: 3.0.0|
|[15:22:45]|[Octopus Deploy] Authenticated as: TeamCity <null> (a service account)|
|[15:22:45]|[Octopus Deploy] Pushing package: C:\BuildAgent\work\a44fedf7cebe85c8\published-app\FSharp.Core.dll...|
|[15:22:46]|[Octopus Deploy] There was a problem with your request.|
|[15:22:46]|[Octopus Deploy] |
|[15:22:46]|[Octopus Deploy]  - Package FSharp.Core.dll has an unsupported file extension|
|[15:22:46]|[Octopus Deploy] |
|[15:22:46]|[Octopus Deploy] Error from Octopus server (HTTP 400 BadRequest)|
|[15:22:46]|[Octopus Deploy] Exit code: -7|
|[15:22:46]|[Octopus Deploy] Octo.exe exit code: -7|

How can I fix this issue?

Hi Simon,

It looks like TeamCity is trying to push FSharp.Core.dll to the Octopus package feed instead of a packaged application. Can you share what command or step you are using in TeamCity to push your application to Octopus?

You’ll want to make sure that your application is being packaged as a NuGet or zip package with a version number.

For example, you might package your built application as “ApplicationName.1.0.1.zip” where 1.0.1 is the version of the package you have created. This version can correspond with your build number or any other semantic versioning scheme that you’d like to use. We also have some docs on Packaging Applications that might be helpful.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Ryan

Hey ryanrousseau,

You are exactly right. I had already spoken to a colleague and he pointed the same thing. Packaging my application as a zip solved the problem.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,
Simon

Hey Simon,

Glad you got that squared away and everything’s working for you!

Best,
Ryan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.