Tasks - Hide Advanced Filter

Hi team,

I wanted to know if there is any kind of permission related to the “Hide Advanced Filter”. Because we as Administrators, can see all: “By task type”, “By project”, “By environment”, “By node”, on the other hand the apps teams, can’t visualize “By environment” dropdown. Currently we are using V2018.6.5.

Thanks !!

Hi Nico,

Thanks for getting in touch,

There isn’t a permission associated with this as such, in essence the reason admins have an environment filter and non-admins don’t is because the non-admins team have environment-scoping applied to it which causes the logs to automatically filter to those associated environments.

I do understand, however, that since multiple environments are likely scoped that you would want to filter through them further, I’ll have a chat to the team about this in our catch-up and will let you know ASAP what the options are moving forward, it’s likely we’ll create an issue for this which I’ll link here for you to be able to track it’s progress.

If you require any further assistance or clarification in the interim, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Continuing the discussion from Tasks - Hide Advanced Filter:

Hi Reece for the quick reply !

So, from what I understand, do you have to have access to all environments to visualize that Filter on the “Hide Advanced Filter”?

We are the Administrator of all the Octopus projects, and we have Administrators per project who need to filter Tasks per env(selecting one env at least as the v3.13.9). I didn’t mention that but we use “System administrator” role and we have a custom role for the internal admin of the project.

Internal Admin View(XX_Administrator):

iv

(not all the environment listed)

Our View as general Admin(Octopus Administrator):

gv

Thanks again !!

Nico :slight_smile:

Hi Nico,

Thanks for getting back to me,

I had a chat with the team about this as I previously mentioned,

I’ve created a Github issue for this which I’ve linked below;

I’d recommend keeping up to date with the progress of this issue at the aforementioned link as this will provide the best visibility moving forward.

If you require any further assistance or clarification in the interim, however, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi Reece !!

Thanks for all of your help !! I will follow the issue on that GitHub. :slight_smile:

Nico.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.