System variables (beta01)

Hi,

With the introduction of multi-tenant deployments are there additional system variables not yet documented on the system variables page? Do you have a list of those working in beta 1? For example, during a deployment I may want to obtain the name of the tenant as well as the name of the environment i.e. Octopus.Tenant.Name and Octopus.Environment.Name

Cheers,
Blair.

Hi Blair,
Thanks for getting in touch. It seems like we hadn’t yet gotten around to updating the Special Variables documentation page. There are indeed a couple of new system variables that have been included (not including all the new explicit template variables you can now create).
They are:

• Octopus.Deployment.Tenant.Id
  • Octopus.Deployment.Tenant.Name
  • Octopus.Deployment.Tenant.Tags

and I have updated the documentation page accordingly, thanks for the heads up.
The first two will obviously just have the tenant Id and Name (or nothing if the deployment is untenanted). The Tags variable will, in a way similar to Octopus.Machine.Roles, simply list all the tags that that tenant has, irrespective of if those tags were used as a filter on the deployment page or not. These variables will obviously only be present from the 3.4.0-beta1 but we don’t expect them to change before the RTW.

I hope that provides the information you need, let me know if you think something is missing or need further clarification.
Cheers,
Rob