System variable to get email id for the person who has triggered the deployment

What is the system variable to get email id of the person who has triggered the deployment . I just found this Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.EmailAddress which is for the person who has created the release not the person who has triggered the deployment.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I just tested this on my machine in Octopus version 3.17.2 and it looks to be working as expected on my end. Would you be able to let me know what version of Octopus you are currently using?

The variable #{Octopus.Deployment.CreatedBy.EmailAddress} should return the email of the user who initiated the deployment, not created the release. Something else may be going on if it is not working as expected here. Would you be able to attach a full deployment log where you are experiencing this? It will need variable logging enabled in order to be useful. See the following documentation:

It may also help to get some screenshot illustrating the issue, the more info the quicker I can get to the bottom of this. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel , I have not tested it since the variable name was suggesting it will return the email id of the person who has created the release. I will test this and get back to you.