Hi Octopus team,
Synchronize external security groups not working correctly.
We have group in ActiveDirectory: Octopus_users.
This group include Octopus users with permission to projects.
By default every users in domain are able to login to Octopus (Have permissions to Everyone Team only, not see projects).
Two scenarios ( step by step):
- Add user1 to ActiveDirectory: Octopus_users (give permissions to projects).
- Login user1 to Octopus
- Permissions working fine, user1 is assigned to Everyone and has permissions to projects
- Login user2 to octopus - working fine, are able to login, has access only to Everyone team.
- Add user2 to ActiveDirectory: Octopus_users.
- Log off user2
Sync External Security Groupsby administrator.
- Sync External Security Groups task finished success with info: ‘Updating external security groups via GroupRetriever…No update required.’
- Login user2 to octopus - are able to login, has access only to Everyone team. IT IS NOT GOOD, SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE PROJECTS, IS MEMBER OF ActiveDirectory: Octopus_users. GROUP, OCTOPUS NOT SEE THIS CHANGES.
Installed Octopus 2019.10.0
What we should do ?