Steps to add Azure account seem outdated and do not work (v3.2.24)

I’m trying to add my Azure subscription. Octopus tells me to log into Azure and add the provided public key certificate into my Management Certificates. The problem is, there is no Management Certificates in the Settings tab. I have one App Service and one Cloud Service to deploy to. The Cloud Service does have a way to upload certificates, which I have tried, but get a “forbidden” error back on Octopus, so:

1. Do I need to create an account in Octopus for every Azure resource (i.e. both Cloud Service and App Service)?
  2. If so, how do I add my App Service account, since there doesn’t appear to be a way to upload a certificate?
  3. Why after creating a certificate from my Azure subscription and immediately uploading it to my Cloud Service do I get a forbidden error back on Octopus?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! If all you need to do is deploy your App and Cloud services, then you should be good to go by adding an Azure Management Certificate Account in Octopus as shown on the link below:

http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Creating+an+Azure+Management+Certificate+Account

Let me know if you are not able to follow those steps.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Hello,

My screen does not look like the first image in the link you provided - the authentication radio button choices are not there. However, after going to the “classic” Azure portal, I was able to upload the certificate correctly. This, from what I can tell, is impossible to do in the new portal (or it’s in an unrelated area).