Steps missing when using 'Try Again' to re-deploy failed release

Following an upgrade from 3.11.3 to 3.11.5.

When using the ‘Try Again’ button to re-deploy a release, clicking on Advanced fails to show the process steps that will be run. Please note that these steps are displayed correctly when using ‘Promote’ or ‘Deploy To’ options.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried to reproduce this going from 3.11.3 to 3.11.5 with no luck. Couple of requests for the troubleshooting:

• Did the initial deployment fail when you were in 3.11.3 or did everything happen in 3.11.5?

• Could you send us a screenshot of your deployment process?

• Do you see any Javascript errors in your browser’s development console?

• Could you send the deployment log of the initial failed deployment that you were trying to re-try?

Thanks,
Dalmiro

Hi,
we also have the same issue when try again is selected from the top right after a failed deployment. Tried both 3.11.4 and 3.11.6. There are no javascript errors.
Also the deploy release button on the page is not clickable.

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,

Could you please send me the same info I asked for in my previous reply?

• Did the initial deployment fail when you were in 3.11.3 or did everything happen in 3.11.5?

• Could you send us a screenshot of your deployment process?

• Do you see any Javascript errors in your browser’s development console?

• Could you send the deployment log of the initial failed deployment that you were trying to re-try?

If you don’t want that shared in a public post, please send it to support@Octopus.com

Thanks,
Dalmiro

Hi,

Joining in here as seeing the same symptoms running 3.11.13 (latest version as of 22/03).

Attached screenshot of try-again screen (only happens if Try Again is clicked).

I’ll see if I can get a deployment log together, will have to be a secure upload though.

Steve

js error attached

Hello all,

Thanks for all those details it was helpful in reproducing the bug. I’m sorry it’s a JavaScript bug that only manifests in when you end up at that screen via Try Again you had skipped steps on the previous run.

The current work around is to create a new release, sorry if this is not ideal, you can always give the same release a suffix like -retry1 and that will still adhere to semantic versioning requirements for releases.

We have the fix ready, and here’s the issue for it: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/3334

I will update this discussion when the fix is available for download.

Regards,
Nick

Hello All,

A fix for this issue is now available in version 3.11.15 - https://octopus.com/downloads

Let us know if you are still having issues.

Regards,
Nick