Step templates, visible to only certain teams

I have started creating step templates and they are working perfectly for my projects, this was a really good update to have. Congratulations on that.

We have many teams working on different projects, and I noticed that when another member attempted to add a step to his project that the list of all the step templates I had created were available and caused the list to become quite long.

Is there any way to limit the access to step templates so that only people defined in a specific team will be able to see it on their list when adding a step to their project?

I think this would be a great feature if it does not already exist, and if it does could you please assist me in finding this feature.

Thank you,
Lineshen

I really appreciate the work you guys have been doing keep it up.

Hi Lineshen,

Thanks for getting in touch! Currently there is no way to limit step templates from showing - they all just do. There is no real workaround either in this situation.
But your suggestion is great so I’ve added it to UserVoice http://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/6294861-ability-to-group-and-scope-step-templates-to-teams
Please go and comment and vote and see if we can get it added as a feature to Octopus.

Cheers!
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for helping me out with this, I really hope it gets added as an update :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Lineshen