Step Template - Referenced Packages

Hello,

I have several Step Templates for SQL-T Tasks with Microsoft SQL Server. My PowerShell Code is based on the PowerShell Module SQLServer. I’ve referenced the Package inside the Step Template.
I’d like to set the version of a referenced Package at the Step Template, because sometimes a new Version of the Module gets released which include breaking changes which than break the step template. Also it is a communication hassle to inform my colleagues which module version is the current one, if they are creating new releases where the deployment process uses these step templates.
Thank you very much.

Greetings Christoph, thanks for reaching out :slight_smile: You are unable to statically set a version of a package that is referenced, however, I have an alternative approach. If you add the package containing the module to a Feed (built-in or otherwise), you can statically set the specific package referenced in the template,

Doing this will allow you to control which versions are available to be chosen by the user. Does that make sense?

Regards,

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

thank you very much for your reply. This looks like a feasible solution / workaround.
Is there any channel to enter feature requests ?
Thank you and have a nice day.

Christoph

Awesome! Feature requests can be made on our Uservoice, https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/.

Regards,

Shawn