Step Template extending

Hi,

we have some SQL Step templates ( e.g. Delete Database User and so on…) from the community step templates in some of our Projects, question is, I would call in the inline code of this step ( written in Powershell) a C# Library function, is this possible ?

Second question is, how is the error handling of this script, I’m interested in knowing how Octopus interpret the Script return value ( success or not) of this step and how can I raise an artificially Script Step Error or Success or another custom return value?

Hi @applepi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m not positive I fully understand exactly what you’re after, so please don’t hesitate to elaborate on your goals and requirements if needed. :slight_smile:

I suspect this is possible and probably the easiest way to approach this is configure your step to reference another package that will contain the required dlls.

I’m interested in knowing how Octopus interpret the Script return value ( success or not)

You can manually set the exit codes within your custom script, where 0 = success and anything else = failure. The following doc pages contain lots more in depth information which might be helpful.

And this:

I hope this helps! Let me know what you think or if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.