SSH tentacle fingerprint in Octopus.Client

Hi!

How can i get ssh-tentacle fingerprint using octopus.client? I can see fingerprint in api, but there is no such field in MachineResource model.

Octopus.Client version 4.41.5

Kind Regards,
Alexander Yuzhanin

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a sample script to get the SSH fingerprint via the Octopus.Client, however this should be available in the SshEndpointResource model. You can reference the open-source client code, and this specifically can be referenced here.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi, Kenneth!
Thank you for the answer, i saw this model in client, but how i can get certain instance?

I Have MachineResource element, how can i navigate to its endpoint resource ?
(p.s. i write c# application)

Kind regards,
Alexander Yuzhanin

Hi, Kenneth!

Excuse for troubling, but the problem is still actual for us. Can you give more examples (maybe c# code-snippet) with example of getting tentacles fingerpint?

Kind regards,
Alexander Yuzhanin

Maybe it will be helpful for someone:

var fingerPrint = "";
                        if (deploymentTarget.Endpoint.CommunicationStyle == CommunicationStyle.Ssh)
                        {
                            var endPoint = deploymentTarget.Endpoint as SshEndpointResource;
                            fingerPrint = endPoint?.Fingerprint;
                        }

where deploymentTarget is object of type MachineResource

Kind regards,
Alexander Yuzhanin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.