SQL - Deploy DACPAC from Referenced Package - #{DACPACPackageFeed}

I’m implementing a dacpac deployment project and I’m getting the error “An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2020.1.12: The resource ‘#{DACPACPackageFeed}’ was not found.”

I can’t find any reference to #{DACPACPackageFeed}, so I don’t know if I should be setting it’s value to - if it’s a system variable or …
Can anybody provide any help?

Thanks

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m taking a guess here, so please let me know if this isn’t the case for you. :slight_smile:

The community step template SQL - Deploy DACPAC from Referenced Package has a parameter named DACPACPackageFeed. Are you using this step, and is it possible this parameter doesn’t have a default value defined? You can reference this in the web portal under Library > Step Templates > [TemplateName] > Parameters, like shown below.

I hope this helps narrow down the issue. If this doesn’t line up and you’re still hitting this issue, you could enable debugging variables in your project which will print out to the task log all variables and what they evaluate to for each step which can help troubleshoot. These are OctopusPrintVariables and OctopusPrintEvaluatedVariables, both with values of True. Feel free to send that through the resulting task log and I can see if something sticks out. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny,
That’s absolutely correct… I didn’t know about the Step Templates before, so thanks for pointing that out. I have 3 elements I don’t know the values for:

I’ve been following this guide which doesn’t mention them:

Search isn’t throwing-up anything for their values either.

Thanks again for your help

Hi Richard,

Thanks for following up! I really appreciate you pointing this out, as I do believe you have spotted an important typo in that documentation guide, in the deployment process definition section here:

Step 5 says Add another SQL - Deploy DACPAC from Referenced Package step but I’m confident that it should say Add another SQL - Deploy DACPAC from *Package Parameter* step. This would fit in with the process the guide is outlining, and matches the screenshots they show below. These are two different, but similarly worded community step templates, and I’m going to bring this up with the writer of that guide to clear up the confusion.

I hope this helps, and my apologies for what looks to me like a mixup on our part.

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks for the response Kenny - I saw that discrepancy, but took “Add another SQL - Deploy DACPAC from Reference Package” as meaning “add another step”, “SQL - Deploy DACPAC from Reference Package” - so it’s true what they say about “assumption”:wink:
Richard

Hi Richard,

Totally understandable! I had to give it a few look throughs to get to a point where I thought I knew what they meant. Sorry for the confusion there, and please let me know how you go, or if you have any other questions moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.