Specify version rule for Deploy Release steps

Hi,

Is this possible to define version rules for Deploy Release steps? I.e. I’ve got project A that deploys a release of project B. Both projects have channels X and Y. I wan to make sure when I create release of A on channel X it will include the latest release of B on channel X. My releases of project B include channel name as a pre-release suffix - for example: 1.1-X or 1.3-Y. I tried to find some information about it but the docs on that are rather sparse.

Thanks,
queil

Hi Queil,

Thanks for getting in touch! You certainly can define version rules for Deploy a Release steps! Release versions in the “child” projects are treated similarly to packages in package steps. We recently had a bug reported which was introduced between versions 2018.7.14-2018.8.4 where steps based on this template weren’t available to be selected in the channel version rules, so if you’re running a version between then, we’d urge you to upgrade to fix this. You can refer to this issue here.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi @Kenneth_Bates,

This is what I thought but then I couldn’t see it working. We’ll upgrade today.

Thanks,
queil

HI Queil,

Thanks for following up and letting me know. Let me know how the upgrade goes and if it fixes it for you. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.